Louise Öström is a Global Practice Builder, building and leading the Accenture VMware Business Group globally. In this episode of Don’t Break the Bank, we talk to Louise about Accenture and VMware’s hybrid cloud partnership. Louise takes us through the start-up of this collaborative business group, known as the AVBG, and explains what every company should consider when going to a cloud model. This is a really helpful episode for organizations thinking about a digital transformation but unsure about the first steps.
- Be very clear about why you want to go to a cloud model, and make sure you can get out when you want.
- The keys to success are attitude, belief and people. Hire people with diverse skill sets and actively encourage them to collaborate.
- If going to a cloud model is about cost savings, don’t put old workloads into something fancy. Don’t put the pigs in the ferrari.
- "You can make a hundred PowerPoint slides, but the magic happens on the ground. And the magic happens when people work with people.” - Louise
- “The best advice I could give any company within the financial industry is to think about why you want to go to the cloud. What is it you want to achieve? Make sure you don't lock yourself in. Don't put all your eggs into one basket.” - Louise
- “Everyone in the banking finance industry globally is struggling with the same challenge. It's not just you. You might be right there in the darkness feeling overwhelmed or don't know where to start. They're all in the same situation. Seriously, you're not alone.” - Louise
Louise Öström LinkedIn
Louise Östrom Twitter
About the Hosts
Matthew O'Neill is a husband, dad, geek and Industry Managing Director, Advanced Technology Group in the Office of the CTO at VMware.
You can find Matthew on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Brian Hayes is an audiophile, dad, builder of sheds, maker of mirth, world traveller and EMEA Financial Services Industry Lead at VMware.
You can find Brian on LinkedIn.