Tom Kellermann is the Head of Cybersecurity Strategy for VMware and is on the Board for Cyber Crime Investigations for the United States Secret Service. In this episode of Don’t Break the Bank, Tom walks us through the findings of VMware’s latest cybersecurity report. We find out who the cyber crime cartels are targeting right now, how they’re staging their attacks and what to do about it.
- Cyber attacks targeting market strategies and nonpublic market information are growing.
- The healthcare sector has become a more vulnerable target for extortion because of the pandemic.
- Organizations should proactively hunt out cyber threats before digital transformations or the rollout of new technologies.
- “The healthcare sector has been dealing with a secondary infection--their own cyber crime pandemic, and ransomware is to blame.” - Tom
- “SolarWinds was probably the most widespread systemic act of cyber crime or espionage in the history of the world.” - Tom
- “Proactive organizations begin with cyber threat hunting--essentially making sure that no one is in the bank vault when they close for the day.” - Tom
Tom Kellermann LinkedIn
Tom Kellermann Twitter
Modern Bank Heists 4.0 Report
Carbon Black Inc.
About the Hosts
Matthew O'Neill is a husband, dad, geek and Industry Managing Director, Advanced Technology Group in the Office of the CTO at VMware.
You can find Matthew on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Brian Hayes is an audiophile, dad, builder of sheds, maker of mirth, world traveller and EMEA Financial Services Industry Lead at VMware.
You can find Brian on LinkedIn.